Saturday, May 10, 2014

Why Can't Titles Be Easier To Choose?

I'm completely terrible at this. Whenever I decide that I'm going to get serious about writing and latch on to an idea I have, I always get stumped on the title. Forget about a plot and character names. I always get stuck on a title because I feel like I need the perfect one. Everyone always says to leave that last and that once I have more of a plot the title will be easier to come up with. No matter how much I try to take their advice, I just can't. I like being able to give my story a title even though it's not really a story yet.

I spent most of my day at work yesterday trying to think of different titles and situations for the story. It didn't really go anywhere. Like, I know for sure that my story is fantasy and that it leans more towards the magical, fairy tale part of fantasy almost. There are still so many details that I have to work out and the longer I think about it, the more excited and frustrated I get.

Every time I think up a title, I realize it doesn't really work. It works better as a chapter than anything else. Hopefully it doesn't keep me down too long.

I discovered a couple sites for writing recently too. Though my favorite by far is figment. It's just so wonderful looking and I've read such amazing stories on there already. I also discovered Camp Nanowrimo, which is a month writing challenge set in July. So my plan is to hopefully start sorting out the plot and details of my story so when July does come, I can start writing. I'm going to make my goal of 20,000 words and hope for the best.

0 comments:

Post a Comment