Monday, May 19, 2014

Setting Some Goals

This has absolutely nothing to do with my writing, but for the last couple of years I've been trying to change my fashion sense. I've always been a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. I love dresses and I love skirts, but it's always easier for me to just slip on jeans and a shirt. I don't like showing that much skin, I never have and I prefer layers. It wasn't until I got my pinterest that I found these amazing outfits that I love. I see them in the stores that I go to but I never buy them because I know that I would just leave them in my closet to hang.

So I've come up with a new goal for myself. This summer I'm going to be part of the opening team at Diagon Alley in Universal Studios Orlando (I'm working at Ollivanders!) and I know in order to get through the craziness and long hours I'm sure I'm going to be working I've decided to just get healthier. Start eating better, do yoga (seems like fun) and just generally be more active so I can be used to being on my feet all day. I have so many goals that I've set for myself, but it all depends on how the next couple months go.

I randomly went through my calender and chose a random date (September 20th) where I'm going to take everything out of my closet and donate it to charities. Shoes included. I basically have about four months from this moment to start looking for where I can get all the clothes, save money and hopefully loose weight. Doesn't matter how much weight or if I don't, I'm still going to buy new clothes. So as of this moment I'm going to try my hardest not to spend money on things I don't need. So far I have a good amount saved up and I'm sure by September 20th I'll have just enough for new clothes, shoes, bags, accessories and so on.

After my new wardrobe I have to decide if I wan't to go back to school or start apartment hunting. Again this all depends in a couple months from now if I'm still at universal or I'm working somewhere else. I want to be a librarian and I'm constantly applying places that don't require a Bachelors degree. Mostly I'm applying at offices just to get some type of experience, but so far no go. If I am working somewhere else and making a decent amount of money then I'm going to start looking to move out of my parents house and on my own. However if I'm still at Universal then I'm most likely going back to college.

This is what I want my style to be like.











It's mostly dresses with layers to them so it shouldn't be that difficult. The only thing I can think about being difficult is trying to save money. I tend to waste money on stuff I really don't need, but completely want. Thankfully I have a friend who I told about my goal to start a new wardrobe and she really wants to do it with me. It might just be the motivation I need. Just knowing that I'm not alone in this and have a support system does wonders. 

I also have a goal to read more books. I'm usually reading fanfiction (which some I think could completely by books on their own from how amazing they are) but my phone is dying extremely quickly because I'm always on it reading. That's another one of my problems, I don't pay my phone bill, my parents do. I have a galaxy s4 but I want an iphone. I'm a waste of money really. Hopefully I can stick to the goal of just making myself healthier and loving the body that I'm in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment