Sunday, May 18, 2014

Thing's Are Finally on the Move

Usually when I'm not stumbling around on pinterest, I'm usually searching through the pages of deviantart. A while ago I stumbled across a photographer Laura Makabresku and her photos have these little stories that go with them and I slowly got lost in her world. It has this dark touch to them that have kept me fascinated from the moment I learned of her.




 Here are a couple of her works.

I can't deny that they have had a large influence on my writing from the moment that I found her. There's always been a story in my head, all muddled up and barely understandable, but slowly I'm making my way through the details. I've read so many books and fairytales as well where the guy is always the hero. He saves the girl. I don't mind these types of stories. However it's when I spend hours in a bookstore going up and down the same isle and pulling out books from left to right that I find these gems where it's the girl saving the boy. She isn't anything extraordinary (not at first) she's normal and without powers, but the boy makes her this amazing person who has the power to save him and the world sometimes. I absolutely love these types of stories.

That's kind of when I realized that this was what I needed to write. It wasn't about the boy saving his princess. It was about the girl saving her prince, or beast, or even the powerful wizard who was too busy saving everyone else.

I finally have a title that I'm completely in love with and it actually goes with the plot of my story. Yes! I finally have a plot as well and now it's just working on the characters and the small details that make the story a story.

This story really wouldn't have started moving without the inspiration of this song Fire and Fury by Skillet. I have loved this banned for years now, but I stopped listening to them a while back. I went to a concert of theirs a while ago and they played this song and I remember standing in the crowd, letting the music just pulse through me when suddenly I wasn't there anymore. I was watching these two characters and I just knew they were waiting for me to write there story,

0 comments:

Post a Comment