Thursday, May 29, 2014

So Much For That Plan

I've been so bad. I had exactly six days off of work to do nothing but read and start actually writing my story and what happened? I got sick. So of course I did nothing but mope around for five days feeling sorry for myself and taking medicine. I did nothing. I laid in my bed or on the new furniture my parents got in the living room. At one point I did bring a notebook downstairs with me, but I wasn't fooling anyone. Today is my last day off before I go back to work (Diagon Alley here I come!) I'm hoping that working right in the center of such a magical place, my brain will finally start coming up with more ideas. I'm also off to see Maleficent on Sunday and hopefully that might spark something in me as well.

On another note, I haven't really stuck to my goal of reading more books and less fanfiction. It's mostly due to the fact that I don't have any new books too read and I'm not ready to re-read my old books (I've read them so many times already) I'm about to head out with my mom to walmart (I know) and going to pick up a new notebook and hopefully browse their book section in hopes of finding something interesting.

I also found out more to my future plans. I know at the moment all I'm really doing is saving up money for new clothes, I actually have the money already and I can't wait to see how much more I'll have in four months. After that I desperately want a new laptop, the macbook air to be exact, so I'll start saving for that and give my old laptop to my brother who desperately will need one for college. After that I'm not sure in which direction I want to go in. I'm still looking for other job options that get better pay, but we'll see how it goes. I just really don't want to stay in merchandise fore the new year. This year is halfway through almost and I really want to move away form the registers and do something else. I was thinking about going into the entertainment part of Diagon Alley. It can never hurt to ask questions and try out. Even if it's just a character attendant?

I'm really looking to try and find my own place sometime next year and I know I won't be able to afford that on a minimum wage job. Or if I want to go to school as well. So hopefully I'll be able to find something.

So more about my writing. There have been a couple things that I've always wanted to writing about. Vampire being one of them. I love vampires. I grew up loving Dracula and the Underworld series. I just watched the movie 'The Only Lovers Left Alive' and my obsession cam back and slapped me in the face. There are so many good vampire books out there and so many that just aren't. I wan't to write something about vampires so badly. I miss them and I know that this is a project I really want to work on.

I want to write about witches. Something about them has always captured my attention. I mean come on, they can do magic!

Vampires and witches, I always come back to them, but I never know if I should mix them together into one big story or have them into two different worlds. I love series where they have this supernatural community that lurks in the shadows where the humans can't see them. I'm just not exactly sure how to go about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment