Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Camp Nanowrimo!

It starts it 6 days! I'm so excited for this. Every time Nanowrimo comes around, I always get excited for it but I never have a decent idea to start it. This time is different. I have a pretty good idea what I want to write and I almost shocked myself when I figured out if was going to be a young adult story. I haven't written anything for that genre in years. Usually it's been that my main characters sort of age with me, but I just knew this wasn't one of those cases. I see my character aging and rowing up, but I see the very start of when everything bad starts to happen. (I love when bad things happen in stories, I don't know why)

So title? check!
Characters? check!
Plot?check!
and whats this, a plot twist? check!
whats that, I have plans to make it a series? check!

I'm super excited about this. The last time I had actually planned out an entire series for a story was back in high school. I was just entering 11th grade and came up with this series that I loved and still do love. I have it stashed somewhere on my flash drive(where ever that may be) It's also the longest story I've ever written (about 20,000 words) I know that at some point in my life time I going to go back and actually complete that series, because it was so cool in my opinion. I certainly had a lot of fun while I was writing it. It was all about reapers, and death, and goddesses.

Now my new story!

I started writing some things for it just to see what kind of point of view it should be. At the moment, I decided first person. It's been a long time since I've even written in first person, so we'll see how this goes. I'm keeping it in mind that I can always switch to third person if I don't like it. I'm going to spend the next five days between work and plotting. That's all I have plan and maybe go to the bookstore and get the next book of the Bloodline series.

But so far I've decided to call my story Love Me Dead. I'm not sure if I'll keep it, but I love it and so far it goes with the story which is good enough for me. I don't want to say too much about it, just so I can keep my excitement alive. Usually if I don't tell people, it encourages me more to actually write and have some stuff for them to read. I don't know its just the way I work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment